How to bring the concept of a restaurant menu into our day-wise Curriculum? How we may include choices in our Curriculum?
Bringing the concept of restaurant menu into our day-wise Curriculum :
The menu reads – Plain Dosa, Masala Dosa, Onion Plain Dosa, Onion Masala Dosa, Paneer Dosa, Butter Plain Dosa, Ghee Roast Onion Masala Dosa, Idli, Rava Idli, Vada, Medu Vada, Indian Masala Burger, Burger … we all love to have choices.
Article 12, 13, and 17 of UNCRC, National Early Childhood Care and Education Policy 2013, National Early Childhood Care and Education Curriculum Framework 2014, National Education Policy 2020, and other policy documents and framework documents also require the teacher to provide with choices to the students in the classroom.
Let us also acknowledge these two important points –
- Fundamental duties under the Constitution of India also require “individual” as well as “collective” excellence (Article 51 A (j)).
- Vygotsky also states that “learning is essentially a social process”.
Here is a list of options that you may use with the children in the classroom so that it gives them freedom of choice, and it also provides us with the option of using Multiple Intelligence (Howard Gardner) and “learning styles” that suit them.
- Read a book/story or Listen to the story
- Watch a video on the lesson and solve questions or participate in teacher-led small group discussion
- Engage in a small group discussion or write a short note or participate in the teacher-moderated online discussion forum
- Submit a task by working alone or work with a peer or complete a small-group task
- Engage in a writing task or engage in developing a conceptual-map presentation
- Engage with the library to explore the concept or discuss with teacher/senior/family member to explore the concept
- Review with pen and paper or review with an online task
- Prepare notes or draw a diagram/sketch
- Submit Audio/Video or submit written explanation or submit project
Now the question is how we may incorporate it in our Day-wise Curriculum? How you may increase such more options from your side? You may also join our Day-wise Curriculum support.
Join our training program on this topic, or Join our Curriculum and Assessment support.
Contact Us – (Rewati Raman Vishewar: +91 – 9910680423) for training programs over – Curriculum, Assessment, Policies, Laws, Frameworks, and several other topics/areas.
© Copyrights reserved with the Authors – Abhidha Seth and Rewati Raman Vishewar; any violation will attract severe legal actions. Do you write at Academic standards? Publish your original works- Articles, Papers, Videos with us and spread them, please send your interest at – firstname.lastname@example.org. Our all works are of high academic integrity, plagiarism checked, peer-reviewed, and properly referenced, wherever required.
Stay tuned with us, share your views and suggestions, and Please Share with Parents, Preschool- Teacher, Principal, Owner, and School- Teacher, Principal, Owner.
- Follow us on Telegram – https://t.me/thezerocurriculum
- Like us on Facebook – Click Here
- Follow us on LinkedIn – Click Here
- Follow us on Twitter – Click Here
- Subscribe to Daily Digest of Email updates (Feedburner) – Click Here
- Subscribe to receive immediate updates – (Newsletter) – Click Here
With reference to this topic, you may also Email us at – email@example.com